ANNOUNCING The Fifth Annual Gases & Instrumentation
Golden Gas Awards™ 2012
Gases & Instrumentation International Magazine is sponsoring its fifth annual Golden Gas Awards (G2A).
Last year’s awards, presented at PITTCON 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA was a testimony to the superior
technology of the gases industry. And we are looking forward to an exciting 2012 Awards program.
Awards will be presented at PIT TCON 2012 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
1. Products must have been introduced to the market or in
beta sites between November 2010 and January 15th,
2. Only new products or substantially modified products
3. Companies can submit entries in multiple categories or
multiple products in a single category.
4. Entry fee is $225.00 per product entered.
5. The final deadline for the 2011 awards is January 15,
2012. Nominees and their product descriptions will
be published as the publication schedule permits
in the print magazine and on the G&I Website, www.
6. The awards will be presented at the vendors’ booths at
PIT TCON 2012 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
7. Winners not attending the show will have their awards
shipped. (International shipping at cost.)
8. Winners will be announced on www.gasesmag.com
before the PIT TCON exhibition.
(See entry form on page 20)
Companies must submit an entry form for each product.
Entries must include:
1. Official entry form
2. A check or credit card payment for entry fee(s) for each
product entered. (Checks made payable to MetaWord,
3. A summary description of the product and its attributes
explaining its features, technology, and cost benefits;
also its unique qualities as to why it is outstanding and
4. Product specifications or related literature describing
the product and its attributes
5. A 4-color high-resolution photograph (minimum 3”x3” at
300 dpi) of the product in .jpg or .tif file format. Items 1-5
can be submitted electronically to pnesdore@gasesmag.
com or mailed as a CD-ROM. If there is ancillary related
literature not in digital form, mail the hard copy.
JUDGING RULES AND CRITERIA:
The entries will be judged by independent industry experts.
Excluded will be Gases & Instrumentation and Meta Word personnel.
The judges are chosen from neutral sources including
academia and consultants. No one will judge a category for
which there is a conflict of interest. Criteria for the winning
1. Product’s ability to solve an important challenge to
the gas industry
2. If an improved product, the extent and effectiveness
of that improvement
3. Technological innovativeness
4. Superior specifications in terms of power
requirements, speed, footprint, portability
(if applicable), maintenance, cost effectiveness, and
other quality considerations
5. At the option of the judges, a category may not
receive an award.
6. A weighted average will be calculated for the above
attributes and a threshold value set. If more than one
product in a category exceeds the threshold, a Gold
and Silver award will be presented for the two highest
NOTE: The Golden Gas Awards are not associated with any
G&I advertising program.